Increasingly more people search online for information about how to register a domain name UK and create a UK WordPress blog site.
But before you go ahead and register a domain name in the UK, you should consider certain important factors that can affect the success of your domain and website.
According to Wikipedia the .uk domain extension also known as the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United Kingdom was among the first to be registered in 1985, just a few months after the original generic top-level domain .com and the first country code after .us. This makes the .uk domain one of the oldest and most popular domains worldwide with millions of registrations.
Such ccTLDs are popular among Brits as they will immediately brand your website and business as 100% British. And even for international visitors to your .uk website it will be reassuring to know where your business is based.
But the .com domain remains the most popular worldwide with over 50% of all websites on the Internet using it as their extension. Other domain extensions that are just as popular as .uk are .net or .org.
So, no matter which domain you end up going for in the UK, whether it is .uk, .co.uk or .com or .net, you can find a domain name with all of these TLDs with SeekaHost easily and fast. You can get a .com domain for only $5.99, which means that in Britain you will only have to invest about £4. This makes SeekaHost’s offer one of the most budget-friendly prices that you will come across in the UK.
In this guide, you will learn about the important steps to search for the ideal domain name and buy it very easily at affordable rates. You will learn not only how to find and get a domain but also how to turn it into a successful blog with WordPress and the SeekaPanel.
Blogging is one of the best ways anyone in Great Britain can get started online with very little investment. The world is shifting online and knowing how to build an online platform helps in many ways for more prosperity, especially in difficult economic times.
Why do you need a Domain Name UK?
Starting a blog or any online journey starts with a domain name. It is your virtual property on which you can build any type of business you want. In the UK you will find a more competitive web property market with 11,918,249 .uk domains registered in 2020 according to Nominet UK. However, it will still be easier and more affordable to find a .uk domain compared to a .com domain.
So, let’s take a closer look at which domain names and extensions offer better career and work prospects online that you can utilize in Britain.
What Domain Name should you buy as a Brit?
- Are you looking to create a blog?
- Do you want worldwide traffic from other countries?
- Are you going to build a local business website?
- Are you planning to go global in the future even if you are starting a local business website in the UK?
If the answer is yes for the 1st and 2nd points, get a .com domain name that you can buy at the cheapest price at https://www.seekahost.app/cheap-com-domain-registration/. Dot com domains are the most trusted domain extensions globally for commercial websites and are therefore recommended for international business websites. You may however have to compromise on your ideal domain name as often strong, poignant and simple domain names will be taken with a .com extension, unless you have come up with a unique brand name like “ebay” or “google”. Try your luck by entering your domain name in the domain search tool inside the SeekaPanel to find out if it is available, how much it will cost, or which alternatives are available at which price.
If the answer is yes for the 3rd point, get a .uk domain at SeekaHost and search for the best domain name options available. By entering your preferred domain name in our search bar inside the SeekaPanel, you will find various domain name options delivered by our domain search tool with different TLDs, so you can make the best choice. You will very likely get a .co.uk domain name for commercial purposes.
If the answer is yes for the 4th point, get a .com or .net domain name as they are the best to rank in any country in Google search results.
If you want more help with how to register a domain name in the UK, get in touch with me or with one of SeekaHost’s domain name registration experts so that you can find the best domain options for you.
Bear in mind a few other factors before buying your domain:
- Review the structure of your domain name. A domain consists of a prefix (https), a subdomain (www), the main name (website), and an extension (.com, .org., .net). Ensure it sounds and looks good.
- The ideal domain name is short, easy to spell and memorable like “Apple”.
- Try to include keywords in your brand and domain name to rank it better on search engines.
- Avoid adding unusual symbols or hyphens as difficult to remember/spell domain names are less likely to be searched on search engines.
- Think carefully about the extension of your domain name as explained above. Determining factors are location, purpose/function, and type of business.
Once you find and purchase the domain name of your choice, you can easily use the 1-Click WordPress installer to host it and get online fast.
Now let’s look at the 5 steps to register a domain name in the UK:
- Visit https://www.seekahost.app/buy-domain-name/
- Search for the domain name and you will land on https://www.seekahost.app/domain-name-search/
- Choose the domain name and add it to the cart.
- Proceed to sign in or sign up if you are new to SeekaHost.app at https://portal.seekahost.app/
- Enter your details and purchase the domain name.
Once purchased, you can see the domain name inside the portal under the domains tab.
SeekaPanel is the world’s easiest to use WordPress hosting manager tool, built with the focus to help anyone buy domains and web hosting easily and fast. It’s not just easy but also offers cheaper options than most domain registrars and hosting services providers in the UK market.
How can the SeekaHost WP Hosting Manager help you register your UK Domain?
- You can register most domains including .uk and co.uk
- You can install WordPress on your domains with one click
- You can buy affordable unique multiple class IP hosting for blogs or websites
- You can get the DNS records
- You can check website analytics data for better SEO and marketing strategies
- You can install or delete your sites or upgrade/downgrade hosting plans
- You can migrate your website from one host to another for free with tech support in the panel or tutorials how to do it yourself in the knowledgebase.
- You can manage and access all your websites in a single interface.
- You can change or cancel plans, register and add more domains, speak to customer support in the live chat and find resources in the knowledgebase.
- You can access resources to help with website creation, blogging or even SEO and online marketing.
Convinced? Then follow the steps below to use the SeekaPanel to register and host a domain name in the UK.
Follow the below steps to host your domain name and create a Blog site in Britain.
1. Get started by heading to https://www.seekahost.app/ where can already search for your UK domain name in the search bar to check for availability.
2. Go ahead with the domain registration
Sign up and create a new account at https://portal.seekahost.app/register, if you’re a new customer. If you’re already registered then simply login to your account to continue with your domain search or purchase.
3. Then login to your account at https://portal.seekahost.app/login to access the dashboard of the SeekaPanel.
4. Search for your ideal domain name in the search bar.
Just enter the main name and click on “search”. You will then see the search results with all domain names and extensions (TLDs) available for registration, including their prices. If you’re happy with one of the displayed results, click on it and it will be added to your cart. Alternatively, you can continue to search until you find the best domain name.
5. Purchase your domain name by heading to your cart.
You are now asked to enter all your payment details and confirm that you want to order this domain. Once you confirm, your order will be processed and you will receive a notification email. You should then see your domain in your SeekaPanel dashboard (there are a few further steps you need to take to set up your domain correctly with the adequate configurations and you can learn more about this here.)
6. Now that you own your domain, you need to host it so that it is accessible on the internet.
Head to the tap “Hosting Plans” where you can select a WordPress Blog hosting plan:
or a Private Blog hosting plan at https://portal.seekahost.app/pbn-hosting with multiple IP class hosting to create a private blog network (you can learn more about the different features of these plans in the SeekaHost Tutorials section):
6. You are all set to host your domain by installing WordPress to your domain name with the 1-Click WordPress installer.
7. Once WordPress is installed, change the name servers if you have the domain registered at another registry.
8. Activate the SSL Certificate for free and your domain will be secured and SEO friendly.
9. Visit your WordPress site login page by clicking on the login link to the site in your email notification.
10. Use your sent username and password to access the WordPress dashboard.
11. Start building your blog site and keep blogging.
You can learn it all by watching the below video by James at SeekaHost. The video will show you everything about how to create a blog step by step as I explained above.
We have also created extensive guides with our experts:
And if you’re interested in learning more about blog monetization techniques and online marketing as well as SEO, which is vital to make your website or blog profitable, then head to our SeekaHost University and sign up for free online courses.
For further reading on different ways to earn a living on the Internet with a website or blog through blogging, affiliate marketing, sponsorships and much more, you can head to some of my other guides:
In these you will see that blogging is always listed, because it is such a versatile money-making method in the digital world we live in.
Good luck with your online ventures in the UK!
Blogger and Educator by Passion | Senior Online Media & PR Strategist at ClickDo Ltd. | Contributor to many Education, Business & Lifestyle Blogs in the United Kingdom & Germany | Summer Course Student at the London School of Journalism and Course Instructor at the SeekaHost University.